Regan E. Tankersley
500 N. Meridian Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204-1293
Phone: (317) 977-1445
Fax: (317) 633-4878
Regan Tankersley concentrates her practice in the areas of regulatory compliance, reimbursement and payment practices. She provides counsel in developing strategies and policies for health care entities to ensure compliance with the Medicare and Medicaid programs, including provider-based issues, enrollment, administrative processes, evaluation of payment, disclosure and compliance issues. Ms. Tankersley advises a variety of health care clients including hospitals, health systems, physician practices, IDTFs and ASCs and is a frequent national speaker on regulatory issues.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.S., with highest honors - 1997
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D. – 2002
- Indiana State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Executive Women in HealthCare
- Health Care Compliance Association
- "Loading the Bases: Preparing for Medicare Payment Changes (Budget Act, OPPS, and MIPS)," HFMA's Lone Star Spring Conference. Arlington, TX, May 12, 2016.
- "Provider-Based Billing Strategies," Hall Render's Practical Health Retreat. Marco Island, FL, February 26, 2016.
- "The Payment Continuum - A Panel of Perspicacity," Hall Render's Practical Counsel Seminar. Scottsdale, AZ, November 13, 2015.
- "Provider-based Arrangements," HCCA's Indianapolis Regional Annual Conference. Indianapolis, IN, October 2, 2015.
- "Compliance Risks for Provider-Based and Other Hospital-Based Provider Services," HCCA's 19th Annual Compliance Institute. Buena Vista, FL, April 20, 2015.
- "The Latest on Regulatory and Payment," Hall Render's Practical Counsel Seminar. Scottsdale, AZ, November 14, 2014.
- “Fundamentals of Medicare Parts A-B,” American Health Lawyers Association’s Fundamentals of Health Law. Chicago, IL, November 12, 2014.
- "Medicare Regulatory Payment Update," Indiana Hospital Association's Annual Meeting Legal Forum. Indianapolis, IN, October 30, 2014.
- "Billing and Reimbursement for Advanced Practice Professionals--Opportunities and Pitfalls," AHLA Practice Groups Webinar. October 28, 2014.
- “Reimbursement and APRNs: What Every Practitioner Should Know,” The Health Care Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan Webinar. May 28, 2014.
- “The Latest on 340B and Key Reimbursement Developments,” Hall Render’s Practical Health Retreat. Marco Island, FL, February 27, 2014.
- “Reimbursement A to D – What You Should Know,” Hall Render’s Practical Counsel Seminar. Scottsdale, AZ, November 07, 2013.
- “Fundamentals of Medicare Parts A-B,” American Health Lawyers Association’s Fundamentals of Health Law. Chicago, IL, November 03, 2013.
- “Top 10 Reimbursement Issues for 2013,” State Bar of Michigan, Health Care Law Section’s Annual Business Meeting. Detroit, MI, September 04, 2013.
- “Compliance Investigations and Self Disclosures,” HCCA’s Clinical Practice Compliance Conference. Philadelphia, PA, October 16, 2012.
- Quoted in “Protect Your Practice, Don’t Overexplain When Voluntarily Repaying Overpayments,” Part B News (December 2015).